Tuesday 17 February 2015

I'm in love!!!


With a washing machine.

MY washing machine to be precise.

That is how happy I am to finally have one.

I'm sure you're all thinking I've lost the plot somewhere,
that maybe the heat has gone to my head (it is likely),
or I'm dehydrated (a very distinct possibility in this immense heat) and hallucinating

But I assure you I'm not.

I finally got a washing machine on Sunday (I may have done a little happy dance when mum called to tell me they were bringing it in, 
even though I groaned at the thought of getting up before 9am on a Sunday I didn't have to work)

Sunday before last I was heading into pole dancing practice and went via mum and dads to drop off work clothes so they could be washed

Enter unexpected meeting with an aunt and uncle (dad's older sister), while I'm there in my gym tan top and pole shorts (which are very short).

My aunt asked if I needed a washing machine, and that my cousin happened to be getting a new one on Saturday, and if I wanted it I could have his old one.

Yay for free stuff.

I said yes enthusiastically before I practically ran out the door
(I was running late)

And I finally have it
*cue more happy dancing around my house

Seriously guys, you have no idea how happy this piece of machinery makes me.

I moved into my place the 17th of December. 

It's now the 17th of Feb.

It has been 2 MONTHS of running backwards and forwards to my parents place (15km each way) just to wash my clothes, and sheets and towels.

And being that we are only given one set of work clothes, that makes a lot of running into town just to wash a shirt and pair of pants
and anything else that I had lying around to make an even semi decent sort of load

I am so very happy to have a washing machine now. 

It means I can wash my work clothes when I get home from work and they will dry before I go to work the next day.

I can wash my sheets and towels without dragging them all over town

I can wash my clothes and underwear without being worried that I'll drop my knickers somewhere between my house and my car!!!

I am sure in a few weeks this awesomeness will wear off, but for now I will bask in the awesomeness of modern technology finally being in my house



Oh, and did I mention that my uncle is Hungarian?

And even though we are family, I am not entitled to any kind of entitlements?

He is and I'm not. Which really sucks.

No European passport. No easier access to visas. Nothing

All because he is an uncle rather than a direct relative!

His European citizenship is lost on his sons.

Not so much on his daughters, but neither of his sons want to travel.

I would be quite happy to take their ability to get a European passport, but that is not allowed.

Stupid laws.

Maybe one day he could take me and show me around Hungary. 

Especially because I have no idea where to go, what I'm doing, and I don't speak the language.

I'm not sure if his kids do either. I'm sure he does, even if he's been out here for many, many, many years. 
Like, he and my aunt had their 50th wedding anniversary a few years ago.
(My dad is the second youngest of 12, hence the massive age and timeline gaps between the siblings.)

No comments:

Post a Comment