Saturday 14 March 2015

New Ink!!!

So, I did it

I've been wanting this tattoo for ages,
and ages,
and ages,

but I never really worked up the courage to actually get it done.

Maybe because I wasn't really sure what exactly I wanted.

I knew I wanted the quote
"not all those who wander are lost"

But I wasn't sure where or how.

Then I had the bright idea to put it on my ribs

In 3 lines.

Inspiration from Lord of the Rings
I thought
I know the ribs hurt,
but it's only 7 words,
3 little lines,
less than 10cm across,
it'll be fine.

I think the pillow on the bed thing now has my nail marks in it.

The artist kept telling me to breathe normally,
because I kept holding my breath.

It hurt like hell,
but it only took about 30-45 mins.
I'm not exactly sure.

I have to thank the guys at 2012 Tattoo in Newcastle,
and Marc in particular,
for doing such a great job.

I called up on the Thursday afternoon,
Marc had an open spot Friday,
I took it.

We did all our communication via email,
I sent pictures of what I wanted,
where I wanted,
and some script ideas
so he could get a rough idea of how I wanted it,
with a rough size guide.

When I got there yesterday,
Marc had it all drawn up,
then shrank it a little because I felt it was too big.

Now, I'm glad I didn't go any smaller,
I think it would have looked too small.

I am absolutely in love,
and I'm already planning my next one on my wrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment